Help Desk offers technical support for many of OCLS’s core or opt-in services, including the Colleges Union Catalogue, Remote Access, the SirsiDynix Consortium, and Video on Demand. Issues and troubleshooting are managed through the Request Tracker (RT) ticketing system. RT is a customer request tracking and resolution management tool that allows the OCLS Help Desk team to deal quickly and efficiently with your technical issues.
Submit a new ticket to Help Desk or check on an existing ticket at any time using Request Tracker. Follow these steps to connect with the Help Desk team:
- Log-in to Request Tracker using your name and password. Contact OCLS if you do not have log-in details, or have forgotten your password
- Click on “New Ticket”
- Select a queue for the ticket; this helps categorize your issue so it is automatically sent to the right member of the Help Desk team
- Fill in the details of your issue. Include your college’s name, and a brief description of the problem or request
- Indicate the urgency of the ticket. Use the priority decision map to assess your issue’s urgency
- Select “Create Ticket.” Your request will now appear in the Open Tickets section of RT and you will receive an email notification that your issue has been received
You can track and respond to notifications about your issue via the RT-generated email, as this correspondence is recorded in the system. Once your problem has been solved, remember to respond to the Help Desk team confirming that the issue is closed.
Note: you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a request. However, the Help Desk team prefers to receive the initial request via the RT interface as this ensures that helpful metadata is added to the ticket, resulting in faster resolution of your problem.
Contact Help Desk
Request Tracker is your first point of contact for technical issues.
For urgent issues, the Help Desk team can be contacted via phone from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday at 647.722.9308 or 800.268.5560 x308.