Help Desk offers technical support for many of OCLS’s services, including the Colleges Union Catalogue, RA, and the SirsiDynix Consortium.
Contact the Help Desk
Request Tracker (RT) is the colleges' primary point of contact for technical issues.
For urgent issues, the Help Desk team can be contacted via phone from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday at 647.722.9308 or 800.268.5560 x308.
Using Request Tracker (RT)
Technical issues and troubleshooting are managed through the Request Tracker (RT) ticketing system. RT is a request-tracking and resolution management tool that allows the OCLS Help Desk team to deal quickly and efficiently with the colleges' technical issues.
Submit a new ticket to the Help Desk or check on an existing ticket at any time using RT. Follow these steps to connect with the Help Desk team:
- Log into RT. OCLS has implemented SSO for all of our websites, so your RT credentials are the same as they are for our main website (ocls.ca). If you have forgotten your login credentials, you can request a new password. If you need support with your website account, please contact OCLS.
- Once you have logged into RT, click on “New Ticket.”
- Select a queue for the ticket. By entering your ticket into a specific queue, you are categorizing your issue so that your ticket is automatically sent to the right member of the Help Desk team.
- Enter details about the issue you're reporting. Include your college’s name, and a brief description of the problem or request.
- Indicate the urgency of the ticket. Use the Urgency Level Map to assess your issue’s urgency.
- Select “Create Ticket.” Your request will now appear in the Open Tickets section of RT and you will receive an email notification that your issue has been received.
You can track and respond to notifications about your issue via the RT-generated email, and your correspondence will be recorded in the system. Once your problem has been resolved, remember to respond to the Help Desk team confirming that the issue is closed.
While you can also email email@example.com to submit a request, the Help Desk team prefers to receive the initial request as submitted via the RT interface, as described above, because this ensures that helpful metadata is added to the ticket, resulting in faster resolution of your problem.