The Colleges Object Repository (CORe) is a collaborative initiative aimed at creating access to unique digital content by Ontario colleges. Its foundation is a shared, multi-institution repository built, managed, and supported by OCLS and its partner institutions.
The power of CORe includes:
- The ability to search for digital assets across 6 partner institutions using one search box. The CORe model allows each member college to operate their own branded instance of Islandora.
- Robust storage and display of digital files and metadata
- Support for large multimedia files and streaming video
- Integration with discovery layers through OAI-PMH harvesting for better discoverability of content
- Opportunities to showcase the scholarship and activities of Ontario college faculty, staff, and students
- Facilitated knowledge-sharing between members
CORe is built on Islandora, an open-source software framework with Canadian roots. Assistance with theming and implementation was provided by DiscoveryGarden and the BC Electronic Library Network (BC-ELN).
For more information about CORe, please see the FAQ or get in touch!