The demand for chat and SMS reference service is growing and so is askON. How can your library take part?
askON is operated by the Ontario Colleges Library Service (OCLS) as a cost-recovery, not-for-profit service for college libraries and is guided by a Steering Committee of Library Directors drawn from participating libraries. Our collaborative of askON libraries benefit in many ways:
- a lot for a little: 62 hour service schedule in return for 2-10 hours of staffing contribution
- professional development for staff, who develop proficiency in virtual reference and information literacy
- best practices of reference service delivery for high visitor satisfaction, verified in independent annual evaluations
- improving the profile of the library in your college community
- engaging online communities and new generations as library users in a convenient way
- ease of use with transferable technology & online support tools for staff
- skilled support from student operators for hard-to-staff hours
© OCLS acknowledges the leadership and support that askON and Knowledge Ontario provided from 2006-2012.