OCULA Spring Conference - Building Better Libraries Through Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
This year’s theme of diversity, equity and inclusion in our collections, services, spaces, and staffing.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values in librarianship… in theory, at least. But what are libraries doing, or what could libraries be doing, to better support these goals?
We are currently accepting proposals for 7-minute lightning talks. We want you to share how your library supports diversity, equity and inclusion. Topics might include:
- Library initiatives to increase and support diversity, equity and inclusion
- Diversity, equity and inclusion in hiring, retention, and promotion practices
- Collection development that reflects the diversity of people and ideas in our communities
- Inclusive and accessible library services, spaces, and programming
- Challenges in achieving diversity, equity and inclusion in our libraries
Submissions close at 5 p.m. Friday March 2, 2018.