This is a college-managed resource. Last updated 19 Feb 2020.
VetMed Resource is the most comprehensive tool for veterinarians available. With its specific veterinary focus and access to over 1.8 million relevant records from the acclaimed CAB Abstracts database, VetMed is the tool of choice when it comes to keeping up-to-date in your practice.
- Over 1.8 million bibliographic records (derived from CAB Abstracts)
- Around 120,000 full text documents, news articles, book chapters and disease datasheets
- Over 200 CAB Reviews articles
- Datasheets on diseases and pathogens of pigs, poultry and ruminants
- The Animal Health and Production Compendium - an encyclopaedic resource on health and production of food animals
- Access to more than 125 CABI book chapters
The bibliographic database includes records from CAB Abstracts from 1972 and is updated weekly. Full text documents available include conference papers, journal articles and bulletins, including:
- Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica
- Journal of Veterinary Public Health
- Veterinary Practitioner
- World Congress Proceedings. World Small Animal Veterinary Association
- North American Veterinary Conference
- Ontario Veterinary Medical Association Conference Proceedings
- Breaking news updates, news articles covering current topics and an events calendar
- CAB Reviews: specially commissioned, peer reviewed review articles written by specialists in their field
- The Animal Health and Production Compendium which includes over 2,000 pictures, drug database, glossary, food safety module, parasite identification keys, and detailed coverage of health and production topics.
Admin access to usage stats is available, to gain access contact the vendor indicating who will be set up as administrator. The vendor will set up an account and send an email to the contact to validate. Contact information can be found in the Vendor directory in ERMA. A user guide is attached to help administrators once accounts have been set up.