Previously there were serveral options for RxTx content: eCPS, RxTx1 (Minor Ailments), RxTx2 (formerly known as eTherapeutics+), and RxTx3 (formerly known as eTherapeutics+ Complete). As of the January 1, 2017 renewal only RxTx3 is available to academic institutions.
RxTx3 (formerly known as eTherapeutics+ Complete)
"Canada's authoritative source for prescribing and managing drug therapy at the point of care, providing health care professionals with online access to evidence-based, reliable Canadian drug and therapeutic information." It includes online access to:
- eCPS (Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties)
- CTC (Compendium of Therapeutic Choices)
- CPMA (Compendium of Products for Minor Ailments)
- CTMA (Compendium of Therapeutics for Minor Ailments)
The subscription also includes access to the RxTx mobile app. The mobile app features:
- Access to thousands of Health Canada–approved monographs.
- CPhA evidence based, peer-reviewed monographs covering more than 300 drugs, including valuable guidance on off-label uses.
- Health Canada advisories and alerts posted within 48 hours of issue.
- Up to date information – CPhA’s team of experts continuously scan the Canadian drug information landscape for new drugs, new evidence on existing drugs and drug products, and critical safety updates.
- Content available both on and off-line.
RxTx3 is available in either English or French.
Please consult the RxTx User Guide for more information on use of the platform.
MARC records can be downloaded at: http://www.pharmacists.ca/products-services/marc-records/
The download is a zipped file that includes the following:
- MARC records for the four CPhA books, in English and French, with MeSH headings
- MARC records, with MeSH headings at the primary care condition level (i.e. chapter) for the Compendium of Therapeutic Choices, 7th edition (CTC7)
- Tie-in of the print to the RxTx3 database
- PDFs of marketing materials in English and French
1. Request directly from vendor contact.
2. Login to the online portal: visit the RxTx site and select "Statistics" at the bottom of the page. When prompted, enter the OCLS password (password: oclsstats). See attached PDF for detailed instructions.