Canadian Electronic Library (College Subscriptions)
All 24 colleges have perpetual access to the collections that were purchased by OCLS from 2011-2013 (for full details, see the "Canadian Electronic Library (OCLS-purchased content)" page). This page is related to subscriptions/purchases made by the colleges subsequent to OCLS's purchases.
From the vendor:
A subscription to desLibris provides students with access to a rich source of curated and relevant primary source material at the price of pennies per title.
- Hot Topics: Review desLibris with respect to Canadian subjects in the news.
- Publisher Lists: Scan the publishers and think tanks represented in desLibris
- PA purchase discounts: Books from Canadian publishers priced in CAD. Delivered instantly to library subscribers with a further 10% discount.
- Discovery Services: The desLibris feed is available through Primo, Ebsco and Worldcat
desLibris Complete is a combination of the following subcollections:
- The desLibris Documents collection, previously known as the Canadian Documents Collection, which itself used to be available in two separate parts: the Canadian Public Policy Collection (CPPC) and the Canadian Health Research Collection (CHRC)
- The desLibris Books collection (previously known as the Publishers Collection)
The subcollections are no longer available for independent subscription. For more information about desLibris Complete, please visit the vendor's website.
desLibris Complete is not a complete collection of all desLibris Content. Irwin Law, Ulysses Travel Guides, Scholarly Press, and House of Anansi content is all via separate subscription.
The entire catalogue of Canada’s leading independent legal publisher is available through the Canadian Electronic Library. Over 270 titles published from 1997 to date are included in the collection, and new titles and updated editions are added to the collection as they appear.
Compatible discovery services: EBSCO, Primo, and WorldCat. For more information, see the vendor's Discovery Services web page.
To download MARC records, login to http://www.deslibris.ca using your administrative credentials. See the vendor's MARC Delivery Services and About desLibris MARC pages for more information. For assistance, please contact the vendor directly. Contact information can be found in the Vendors directory in ERMA.
ebrary Delete File
The following delete file can be used by all current subscribers. It includes metadata for the complete Documents collection (2005-2017) and the 324 CPC and Irwin Law ebooks purchased for the colleges by OCLS.