ASME Digital Collection and Codes and Standards
Two content sets are available. From the ConCan website:
ASME Digital Collection
With 28 journals, 185 eBooks and hundreds of conference proceedings, the collection houses the most current and relevant content in mechanical engineering and related engineering fields, such as medical device research, energy resources, and nuclear engineering. The collection also includes past research, such as ASME’s Journal Archive, which dates back to 1960.
The ASME Journal Program has been established to further the progress of science through the sharing of the latest engineering research. Each ASME Journal title publishes the highest quality peer-reviewed literature in their respective field. The professionally curated content includes the history of mechanical engineering research as well as the cutting-edge discoveries being made today. In 2017, we will offer only the historical content (published from 2010 to 2015) that is available for the Journal of Nanotechnology in Engineering and Medicine, as the journal is now discontinued. Here is the complete list of titles that are publishing in 2017:
- Applied Mechanics Reviews
- Journal of Applied Mechanics
- Journal of Biomechanical Engineering
- Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics
- Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering
- Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control
- Journal of Electronic Packaging
- Journal of Electrochemical Energy Conversion & Storage
- Journal of Energy Resources Technology
- Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power
- Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology
- Journal of Fluids Engineering
- Journal of Heat Transfer
- Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering
- Journal of Mechanical Design
- Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics
- Journal of Medical Devices
- Journal of Micro and Nano-Manufacturing
- Journal of Nuclear Engineering and Radiation Science
- Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering
- Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology
- ASCE-ASME Journal of Risk and Uncertainty in Engineering Systems, Part B: Mechanical Engineering
- Journal of Solar Energy Engineering
- Journal of Thermal Science and Engineering Applications
- Journal of Tribology
- Journal of Turbomachinery
- Journal of Vibration and Acoustics
- Journal of Verification, Validation and Uncertainty Quantification
ASME sponsors more than 30 conferences per year and publishes approximately 100 proceedings volumes annually. Conference topics encompass the entire spectrum of subject areas of interest to engineering. Individual papers from 2000 to the present are currently available through the ASME Digital Collection. Normally, current conference proceedings are offered in one package and back files from 2000 to 2007 are offered in a separate package.
The ASME Press eBooks Package currently includes 185 new and classic eBooks from 1993 to present day. The collection adds 15-20 new titles per year. ASME eBooks support ASME’s most popular international standards publications, such as the Companion Guide to the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (ASME-BPVC), as well as concise, scholarly monographs in subjects such as bioengineering, nanotechnology, and energy sustainability.
ASME is the leading international developer of codes and standards associated with the art, science, and practice of mechanical engineering. Starting with the first issuance of its legendary Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code in 1914, ASME's codes and standards have grown to nearly 600 offerings currently in print. These offerings cover a breadth of topics, including pressure technology, nuclear plants, elevators / escalators, construction, engineering design, standardization, and performance testing. ASME develops voluntary standards that enhance public safety, health, and quality of life as well as facilitate innovation, trade, and competitiveness. ASME standards are accepted for use in more than 100 countries around the world.
Starting in January 2017, ASME will offer online standards subscriptions as part of the Digital Collection. The standards will be offered through a new platform in three packages, containing:
- The complete Boiler & Pressure Vessels Code (BPVC)
- All non-BPVC codes and standards (topics include: elevators; escalators; piping; bioprocessing; valves; gaskets; nuclear)
- All Standards, as mentioned above
This licence is under negotiation. The rights below are the standard rights from ASME:
"Post- cancellation rights include access to all content that was available during the Subscriber’s subscriptions, including the back file years that were part of their access. This is paid-for or maintained as an annual subscription, and the fee per site is currently $500. For example, if a subscriber subscribed to Package 2 from 2013 to 2016 on calendar year terms, they would have access to all of our journals from the year 2000, up to and including journal articles that were available online on 12/31/16.
We will grant perpetual access to the content published during the subscription years, not the back file years, unless the member has already purchased the archive. For example, a subscriber would have access to the new content published in 2017, 2018 and 2019, if they subscribed those three years.
The standards will be available via a link for access and this link can be shared for academic use. An entire standard or code cannot be downloaded yet because of DRM, as it exists currently. We would be able to download and send these to the librarian in these instances. Perpetual rights are the standard edition at the time of subscription, because after the new edition is released it becomes a liability for us."