ACLS Humanities E-Book
From the vendor:
ACLS Humanities E-Book (HEB) is an online collection of nearly 4,700 books of high quality in the humanities, accessible through institutional and individual subscription. These titles are offered by the ACLS in collaboration with thirty-one learned societies, over 100 contributing publishers, and the Michigan Publishing division at the University of Michigan Library. The result is an online, fully searchable collection of high-quality books in the Humanities, recommended and reviewed by scholars. These are works of major importance that remain vital to both scholars and advanced students, and are frequently cited in the literature. (See title list.) The collection features unlimited multi-user access and free, downloadable MARC records. HEB is available 24/7 on- and off-campus through standard web browsers.
HEB adds hundreds of books annually to the collection, including several carefully selected new XML titles that have the potential to use new media to communicate the results of scholarship in new ways. Titles include monographs, collected essays and some primary sources.
To guarantee the scope and quality of this interdisciplinary collection, ACLS collaborates with learned societies and university presses to assist scholars in the electronic publication of high-quality works in the humanities, to explore the intellectual possibilities of new media, and to help assure the continued viability of scholarship in today’s changing publishing environment
Features (from the vendor):
- a comprehensively reviewed collection, chosen by scholars and scholarly societies
- full-text books presented in three formats: page-image, text and PDF
- a fully integrated, cross-searchable platform
- universal and 24/7 access to all members of the campus community
- unlimited course reserve and classroom use
- elimination of off-site, missing, or damaged print copies
- in-depth, full-text, rather than extract, search results
- free, downloadable MARC records and usage statistics
- an interface accessible by a variety of assistive technologies designed for readers with disabilities
- an expanding collection of print-on-demand titles and handheld editions
- (available for separate purchase)
MARC records are available free to all subscribers visit Resources for Librarians.
Subscribers can access their usage stats here. Select ACLS Humanities E-Book (acls) from the menu.
From the vendor: "Even though four reports are technically available, for details on title usage HEB subscribers should draw ONLY on COUNTER Book Report 2." For more information and detailed instructions please visit the vendor's website.