From the vendor:
Welcome to McGraw-Hill's AccessScience 2.0 - a top-to-bottom redesign of the premiere online science platform, featuring fully searchable content from McGraw-Hill's Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 10th Edition. The new generation of AccessScience gathers and synthesizes vast amounts of information, and organizes it to give you fast, easy and accurate access to authoritative articles in all major areas of science and technology. It's easier than ever to find what you're looking for and put it to use quickly.
- Over 8,500 online articles from the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology 10th edition
- Research Updates from the McGraw-Hill Yearbooks of Science & Technology
- 110,000+ definitions from the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms
- 15,000 illustrations and graphics, and bibliographies containing more than 28,000 literature citations
- Content contributed by more than 5000 researchers, including 36 Nobel Prize winners
- Biographies of more than 2,000 well-known scientists from the Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography®
- The latest news in science and technology from Science News® and ScienCentral® videos
- Continuously updated, fully-searchable, media-rich content, terms, images and videos
- added illustrations, animations, and image galleries
- questions answered in our weekly Q&A
AccessScience puts the most useful and up-to-date technology to work for you: in addition to fast, sophisticated search capability, you'll find RSS feeds, Flash® animations, image galleries, podcasts, videos, and more, with our enhanced search engine making discovery of this wide range of information easier than ever. Whatever you need, AccessScience is designed to help:
- Data, tables and tools linked directly from topic home pages, so you're never more than a few clicks from the answers you need
- Essay topics to guide research and reports
- High quality images and illustrations, downloadable to use in PowerPoint presentations
- Study Center offers curriculum-oriented tools, Flash tutorials, and study guides
- Librarian resource centre highlights news and features, research tips and tools, easy-to-access online user statistics reports, and much more
- Search by content type, collection, topic or sub-topic, with semantic search, corrective spelling, results filtering and saved search criteria
For more information, visit the vendor's website.
Federated Search (from ConCan):
AccessScience provides a ContentShare API for libraries that wish to incorporate AccessScience content directly into their local search results. The ContentShare API is a search-engine-friendly data set placed in a secured location. The specifications for crawling, incorporating results, and linking directly to AccessScience assets from results will be provided to active subscribers on request. If your institution wishes to incorporate AccessScience in its federated search engine, please use the Contact Us form ("Contact a sales representative" option).
Login to http://subs.sams.mhp.semcs.net using your administrative credentials; please ask the vendor contact if you do not have this information. Once you have logged in, click on the links under "Reports" in the sidebar on the left.
Note that statistics for AccessScience from before December 2013 must be retrieved separely at http://legacystats.accessscience.com/.