From the vendor:
AccessScience is an authoritative and dynamic online resource that contains incisively written, high-quality reference material that covers all major scientific disciplines. An award-winning gateway to scientific knowledge, it offers links to primary research material, videos and exclusive animations, plus specially designed curriculum maps for teachers. With these and other online features, AccessScience is continually expanding the ways it can demonstrate and explain core, trustworthy scientific information in a way that inspires and guides users to deeper knowledge.
AccessScience's dedicated editorial team is led by Sagan-Award-winner John Rennie and comprises more than 9000 scientists and engineers, including 40 Nobel-Prize winners as well as recipients of other major scientific prizes such as Franklin Institute Awards. With its roots in McGraw-Hill Education''s world-famous scientific publishing program—encompassing the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology and the McGraw-Hill Yearbook of Science and Technology—AccessScience draws on and continues a deep tradition of presenting rigorously vetted scientific knowledge and expertise in a way that is both engaging and easy to understand.
- MORE THAN 8500 articles and Research Reviews covering all major scientific disciplines and encompassing the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology and the McGraw-Hill Yearbook of Science and Technology
- 115,000-PLUS definitions from the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms
- 3000 biographies of well-known scientific figures
- 18,000-PLUS downloadable images and animations illustrating key topics
- ENGAGING VIDEOS highlighting the life and work of award-winning scientists
- SUGGESTIONS FOR FURTHER STUDY and additional readings guide users to deeper understanding and research
- LINKS TO CITABLE LITERATURE through DOIs help users continue their research using primary sources of information
- INTERACTIVE CITATION GENERATOR saves time and effort when preparing papers
- CURRICULUM MAPS tied to core content save time for educators
- MOBILE ACCESS allows easy, anytime access outside of institutional IP ranges
AccessScience puts the most useful and up-to-date technology to work for you: in addition to fast, sophisticated search capability, you'll find RSS feeds, Flash® animations, image galleries, podcasts, videos, and more, with our enhanced search engine making discovery of this wide range of information easier than ever.
For more information, visit the vendor's website.
Regarding federated search (from ConCan): "AccessScience provides a ContentShare API for libraries that wish to incorporate AccessScience content directly into their local search results. The ContentShare API is a search-engine-friendly data set placed in a secured location. The specifications for crawling, incorporating results, and linking directly to AccessScience assets from results will be provided to active subscribers on request. If your institution wishes to incorporate AccessScience in its federated search engine, please use the Contact Us form ('Contact a sales representative' option)."
The platform can be customized with institutional logo and URL by logging into the Subscriber Services Portal. If you do not know your login credentials, please contact the vendor's tech support. Contact info can be found in the Vendors directory in ERMA.
MARC records are not available, but an XML feed is provided and updated monthly. The XML feed is temporarily unavailable. We will post an update, including the access URL, here once we receive it from the vendor.
In August 2017, the vendor moved to a new admin platform. User accounts (username/password), and all available data (that is, from December 2013 onward) were migrated to the new platform. Access the new SAMS Sigma admin portal here.
The legacy site (that is, for usage data from prior to December 2013, once available at http://legacystats.accessscience.com/) is no longer available. If you require legacy data, please contact the vendor directly.
If you do not know your login credentials or require additional support, please contact the vendor directly. Contact information can be found in the Vendors directory in ERMA.